[Mediawiki-l] [SPAM] Re: Upgrading Mediawiki

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:34:49 UTC 2009

Hi Mike, sorry if I appear to be blaming MW. Actually I am not. I did
acknowledge that everyone has no problems... it's only me that is unable to
do it.

What I am just saying is that I have not been able to upgrade successfully
and I cannot run the update script in my shared hosting. But what you said
about changing the name of my database may be the cause of the problem. It
is hard to understand the ramifications unless one is an expert. I did screw
up my database once by trying to follow the instructions in Mediawiki.org
after I transferred from another webhost. Fortunately, maiahost, my new
webhost, helped me out by reinstalling it for me as I could not get the
backup restored because of poor internet connection.

PM Poon