[Mediawiki-l] How to correctly invoke rebuildall.php?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:50:07 UTC 2009

This is on my aforementioned old 1.11 installation.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Rebuildall.php details what's
supposed to happen: you run it from the command line and it does its
stuff.

But when I try, it complains a lot:

# php maintenance/rebuildall.php
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  SERVER_NAME in
/home/mediawiki/mediawiki-1.11.0/LocalSettings.php on line 6
PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  REQUEST_URI in
/home/mediawiki/mediawiki-1.11.0/LocalSettings.php on line 7

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: wgDBservers in
/home/mediawiki/mediawiki-1.11.0/maintenance/commandLine.inc on line
204
Error, Setup.php must be included from the file scope, after DefaultSettings.php
#

What simple but obvious thing am I doing wrong?

- d.