[Mediawiki-l] Adding to category:people

Christensen, Courtney ChristensenC at BATTELLE.ORG
Thu Mar 26 12:33:11 UTC 2009

You could make the Owner page, but make it a redirect to the company.  I'm not certain that categories work on redirect pages though.

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org [mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Sandy Rozhon
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:19 PM
To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [Mediawiki-l] Adding to category:people

I have a page that gives information on a company which I could add
to a category called "business".  In addition, I would like to be
able to have the owner's name show up under a category called
"people", but I may or may not want to create a page for the owner of
all companies.

Is there a way to format the {{category:people}} line so that it will
display the owner's name when you go to the category page, but the
link will actually go to the company page?

For example, if I had a page for a company owned by James Smith
called Smith, Smith, and Jones and I try something like
{{category:people|Smith, James}} the actual display on the people
page would read "Smith, Smith, and Jones" instead of the desired
"Smith, James"

Sandy