[Mediawiki-l] Wikipedia robots

Katalin Orosz katalin.orosz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:12:38 UTC 2009

Dear All,

We tried to filter the list of Wikipedia page editors (obtained from the
page histories) to be able to get the list of nonrobot contributors.
As we realized, the first one of the following links with the list of
Wikipedia bots contains more bot users than the second one.
Furthermore, when we used the first (more complete) bot list for the
filtering, we still found bot users among the remaining editors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Wikipedia_bots_by_name&until=CountryBot
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&limit=500&group=bot

Do You have any idea, why these two bot lists are different?
Is there a complete list of Wikipedia bots?

Thank You!

Katalin Orosz