[Mediawiki-l] How do i correctly move my wiki from domain1.de/winfwiki/index.php to domain2.de/index.php

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Mon Mar 16 08:19:12 UTC 2009

Hi List,

i am somewhat disappointed about the reaction to my question. I can't
belive nobody here is experienced in moving a wiki from one domain to
another... :(
We really need help here as our boss wants us to move that wiki this week.

Here's the Problem again in short:

After moving all files, the wiki-internal links (with syntax
[[article-to-be-linked]] ) contains wrong URLs (new domain but with the
path from the old location).
This causes a server error:

Not Found
The requested URL /winfwiki/index.php/Testseite was not found on this
server.
Apache Server at wiki.intermoves.de Port 80

This behaviour is occasionally and we have no clue why.

Please, please help us!!! :)

Best regards,

Heiner Wulfhorst