[Mediawiki-l] Short URL Rewriting (Second email invoice try)

Socialopedia socialopedia at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:29:33 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I moved my wiki from the root directory of socialopedia.org to a
subdirectory xxx.alwaydata.net/wiki to which is linked the transferred
domain socialopedia.org.

I imported the .htaccess file and, as I expected, it introduced problems.
Basically, I can only see the page content and no more the sidebar, the
footer, etc...
You may check at www.socialopedia.org

I tried to change a bit my .htaccess file, but I couldn't fix it... BTW, I
was before with 1.13 and went to 1.14
Here is the content:

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond         %{REQUEST_URI} !index.php
RewriteCond         %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  -f [OR]
RewriteCond         %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  -d [OR]
RewriteCond         %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  -l
RewriteRule  ^(.+)  $1  [L]

# redirect to main page
RewriteRule ^/*$ /index.php?title=Accueil [L,QSA]

# anything else is to be treated as a title
RewriteCond         %{REQUEST_URI} !index.php
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]

Inserting /wiki/ before index.php in the rules does not help, since it wants
to go to www.socialopedia.org/wiki, whereas socialopedia.org redirects to
the wiki subfolder...
Any help would be of great help !

Regards, Rmatt