[Mediawiki-l] Moving images to another wiki, preserving all names?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Tue Mar 10 16:38:13 UTC 2009

Tim Starling responded:
>importImages.php will not meet your requirements.

Thanks Tim. But importImages.php will be fine if we forget about image history, correct?
Is it better to do:

1. importImages.php first, followed by importDump.php of all articles in the File namespace?
or
2. importDump.php first, followed by importImages.php --overwrite?

>There are a number of MediaWiki developers who may be able to write
>such a script for you, for a fee.

Heh... like me. :-)  I just hoped to find something already working.

DanB