[Mediawiki-l] How do i correctly move my wiki from domain1.de/winfwiki/index.php to domain2.de/index.php

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Tue Mar 10 08:34:45 UTC 2009

Hi List!

I was asked to move one of our wikis (see
http://uwe-kern.de/winfwiki/index.php/Spezial:Version) from
"uwe-kern.de/winfwiki/index.php/" to the new domain
"wiki.intermoves.de/index.php/". The server is still the same, only the
document root changed (namebased virtual hosting).

So i copied all the wiki-files into the new directory, removed the images
directory from the old location and linked it into the new,  and changed
$wgScriptPath in the new location's LocalSettings.php to match the new
        old:
                $wgScriptPath       = "/winfwiki";
        new:
                $wgScriptPath       = "";

All other pathes still have default values.

Then the wiki was accessable via both URLs.
When an article that links to other articles using the "[[articlename]]"
syntay was written by someone using the "uwe-kern.de/winfwiki/index.php/"
URL and someone else using "wiki.intermoves.de/index.php/" clicks the
links, he gets the "not found" apache error page:
Not Found
The requested URL /winfwiki/index.php/Testseite was not found on this
server.
Apache Server at wiki.intermoves.de Port 80

This behaviour is occasionally and we have no clue why.

If a page that contains false links is then edited using the new
"wiki.intermoves.de/index.php/" URL and saved again, the links work for
"wiki.intermoves.de/index.php/" but not always for
"uwe-kern.de/winfwiki/index.php/".

Could it be that paths are also stored in the DB and not
runtime-calculated?
We deactivated all caching and accelerating engines.
This is what LocalSettings says about caching:
## Shared memory settings
$wgMainCacheType = CACHE_NONE;
$wgMemCachedServers = array();

# When you make changes to this configuration file, this will make
# sure that cached pages are cleared.
$configdate = gmdate( 'YmdHis', @filemtime( __FILE__ ) );
$wgCacheEpoch = max( $wgCacheEpoch, $configdate );

Any help/hint is very welcome as we can't move our wiki until this issue
is resolved :(

With regards,

Heiner Wulfhorst