[Mediawiki-l] MW 1.14: Feed URL's request diffs - possible to disable?

Michelle michelle.sg1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 01:48:09 UTC 2009

We just upgraded to MW 1.14. We display an RSS feed of our recent
changes on our main page. With 1.11, the URL's of the changed articles
just pointed to the articles. Now they have appended to them a request
for diffs, eg: "&diff=24679&oldid=prev"

Is there a setting to NOT have this code appended to the URLs? We've
set $wgFeedDiffCutoff = 0; but that only prevents the diffs from being
shown on the feed page. It doesn't remove the request to show diffs
from the URL that people will click on.

I think the code that does this is in PageHistory.php:
		return new FeedItem(
			$title,
			$text,
			$this->mTitle->getFullUrl( 'diff=' . $rev->getId() .
'&oldid=prev' ),  		<<<< appends to URL
			$rev->getTimestamp(),
			$rev->getUserText(),
			$this->mTitle->getTalkPage()->getFullUrl() );
	}

Would it not make sense to have the URL be "simple" if
$wgFeedDiffCutoff = 0 ? I think I can hack the above code (if it's the
right code), but I try to avoid doing that.

Thanks!
Michelle