[Mediawiki-l] possible revision comparison optimization with diff3?

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 01:35:54 UTC 2009

tlg wrote:
> After investigation I have found the course- multiple diff3
> comparisons were called at the same time.

Not the best solution, but you could use a wrapper not to start a
comparison if there is already some diff3 running.

> 4.      Memcache wherever it's possible (not all servers have memcache)

memcache is a distributted cache. All servers cache to all memcached
(different items can go to different memcached). If you're using the
servers go only to 'its memcached', you're using it wrong.

> 2. faces a similar problem. After I edited my rebots.txt, I discovered that
> some clowns are ignoring my robots.txt.

Place link traps for bad robots / Block by user agent.

> Also, only Google supports regular
> expression in robots.txt, so I can't just use Disallow: *diff=* .

You can move to nice urls, so you can block index.php on robots.txt