[Mediawiki-l] Error creating thumbnail: Invalid thumbnail parameters

Henry Hartley henry at dotrose.com
Mon Jun 22 15:21:32 UTC 2009

I've just uploaded a largish GIF image to my wiki and I'm getting an
error that says:

   "Error creating thumbnail: Invalid thumbnail parameters"

I say largish but it's not really that big a file (4,865 by 3,300
pixels, 410 KB). The file uploads without other problem and I was able
to manually create a thumbnail at the command line (on the server) using
ImageMagick (which is what MW is set to use).

I couldn't find the phrase "Invalid thumbnail parameters" anywhere on
the MediaWiki site. It's not clear from the error what "thumbnail
parameters" might be "invalid". Any suggestions what might need to be
fixed or adjusted?

This is MW 1.13.3
PHP 5.1.6
MySQL 5.0.45