[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki Customized Skin: Firefox vs IE incompatibility

Jean-Marc van Leerdam j.m.van.leerdam at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 15:34:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/6/12 Ekompute .info <ekompute at gmail.com>:
> The new skin is now adopted at
> Webmasterteachyourself.com<http://webmasterteachyourself.com/Main_Page>.
> I have displayed both the following files for the new skin in the website:
> * Nuskin.php <http://webmasterteachyourself.com/MediaWiki:Nuskin.php>
> * main.css
> <http://webmasterteachyourself.com/MediaWiki:Nuskin_main.css>All other files
> are unchanged.
>
> I suspect it is the use of em instead of px but I am not so sure. The skin
> looks good to me in Firefox 1024 x 768 but sure looks ugly... very very ugly
> with 800 x 600. Any workaround for that?

I don't see the problem with 800x600, or do you mean the introduction
of a horiz. scrollbar on the pages? That is caused by the wide site
logo and the fact that most pages show 4 google ads next to each
other. This just won't fit in 800 pixels.

> (P/S: Jean-Marc, can I have a look at your website?)

Sure, not that it is a very interesting one at the moment (only the
Wiki is up and running, the rest of the site is still in development
offline): http://about42.nl/wiki

--
Regards,

Jean-Marc