[Mediawiki-l] Infoboxes on other wikis

Andreas Rindler mediawiki at jenandi.com
Sun Jun 14 12:57:07 UTC 2009

Hi,I have been trying to copy some of the Infobox templates (e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Infobox_generic) and other great
templates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:WikiProject_templates) from
Wikipedia to our own wiki installation (http://mike2.openmethodology.org). I
have had limited success, because there are so many dependencies and there
appear to be also many configuration settings required.

Is anyone aware of some simple instructions on how to copy the templates and
what extensions or configuration are required? I am particularly interested
in the Infoboxes on the right hand side and on the bottom of articles.

I am also struggling to get common.css or skin.css to control the layout of
the templates as it is used on Wikipedia. The templates just seem to ignore
the classes defined in the css articles.

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks,
Andi