[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki Customized Skin: Firefox vs IE incompatibility

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:55:29 UTC 2009

Hi, I am trying to design a new skin and although it looks good on
Firefox, it looks broken in IE. I am no programmer and to be able to
design a new skin that works in Firefox is admittedly an achievement
by my own lousy standards.

Instead taking care of IE fixes with its many many versions and other
browsers as well, I am thinking of using my skin only for Firefox
browers and monobook for the rest. How do I tweak this code in
LocalSettings.php:

$wgDefaultSkin = 'newskin';

I guess it's something like: if Firebox browser, use 'newskin', else
use 'monobook'.

PM Poon