[Mediawiki-l] Vertical Test in MediaWiki

Sumurai8 (DD) sumurai8 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 06:35:28 UTC 2009

> Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 09:46:36 +0100
> From: David Price <David.Price op austinsmithlord.com>
> Subject: [Mediawiki-l] Vertical Test in MediaWiki
> To: "mediawiki-l op lists.wikimedia.org"
>        <mediawiki-l op lists.wikimedia.org>
>

> Dear All,
> Is it possible to align text vertically in a Wiki or do we need to create
> an image? Then can we flip the Image? or will the text in the image already
> be flipped?
> Thanks
> David

> http://www.star.net.uk

Hi David,
What do you mean? I don't think you mean this, but I will include the link
anyway: http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_pos_vertical-align.asp

Flipping images isn't achievable with html-code. You have to flip the image
yourself. I think you mean flipping the text: TEST

The text above can be achieved with <br/>-tags behind every character.
Flipping each character 90° isn't possible with html and can only be
achieved with picture(s).

Perhaps there are extensions that can make you a picture of text between
tags or something.

Your's faithfully,
D.D. (Sumurai8) http://www.kinderwiki.net (we are moving!!)
http://www.wikikids.nl

"Kent u KinderWiki.net al, de encyclopedie die als doelgroep kinderen van 8
tot 15 jaar heeft?" <http://www.kinderwiki.net/index.php/Hoofdpagina>