[Mediawiki-l] empty line before <!DOCTYPE causes RSS to fail.

Sam.Sexton at thomsonreuters.com Sam.Sexton at thomsonreuters.com
Mon Jun 8 15:09:19 UTC 2009

Hi, I've spent rather too much time looking at this and need to ask for
assistance.

When I look at the source of my wiki pages, I can see that it includes
an empty line before the DOCTYPE comment - it is the same for several
(probably all) skins in the wiki, so it's unlikely to be due to my
customised skin.

As a PHP (and OO) novice, I'd be grateful if someone could tell me the
route from MonoTGST.php (my skin) and suggest where I can trap the
output before it's sent to the browser, so I can work my way back to
whatever's causing the problem. The start of the page in that file is
just like all the other skin files.

This is in 1.13.0.

Thanks in advance,

/Sam