[Mediawiki-l] identifying contributors with the API

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Sun Jun 7 02:12:52 UTC 2009

On Appropedia.org, we're thinking about using the API to better link with
other sites. Those partner sites sometimes have a concern about login,
though.

It would be best if a logged-in user from the other site could be recognized
by the wiki in some way. E.g. someone logged into the Drupal site of Engineers
Without Borders UK <http://www.ewb-uk.org/> as jane.smith who then edited a
page via the API would be shown as something like "jane.smith (ewb-uk)" in
the Appropedia page's history.

Even better would be if the user could optionally connect their account on
another site with an existing Appropedia account, so they don't end up with
two or more accounts by editing via different sites.

Any suggestions? If we wanted to implement something like this, where would
we start?

Thanks.

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

identi.ca/appropedia / twitter.com/appropedia
blogs.appropedia.org

I like this: five.sentenc.es