[Mediawiki-l] High Availability mediawiki

Henny Savenije webmaster at henny-savenije.pe.kr
Tue Jun 2 23:46:26 UTC 2009

No but if you have two servers and on both servers the wiki is under
the same domain name the only thing you have to do is regularly copy
all the files and databases to the other server (not in use) if one
goes down you will have to change the name servers at the registrar.

Technically it would be possible to have two identical wiki's on two
different domains on two different servers, but that would be a similar story.

You could use this program to backup and ftp the files to the other
server automatically
http://www.mysqldumper.de/en/

And of course you will have to make some cronjobs to copy files from
one server to the other. (wget, pack, unpack etc backup on one server
and restore on the other)

At 08:33 AM 6/3/2009, you wrote:
>Is it possible to have mediawiki be high available?
>
>I have 2 servers and I would like to have it highly available in case
>1 server goes down.
>
>Has anyone done this before?
>
>TIA

                  _   _
                 (o) (o)
      oOOO----(_)----OOOo---
Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------
http://www.henny-savenije.pe.kr Portal to all my sites
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Feel free
to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/indexk2.htm In Korean
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/Dutch In Dutch
http://www.vos.henny-savenije.pe.kr Frits Vos Article about Witsen
and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch dictionary
http://www.cartography.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Korea
through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr Hwasong the fortress in Suwon
http://www.oldKorea.henny-savenije.pe.kr Old Korea in pictures