[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki installation at Godaddy

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:08:51 UTC 2009

Hi, I think I may have solved the problem. I used an empty database to do
the installation and then linked it to the relevant one. I think I was
facing a timeout error. Too early to tell yet as I am still in the midst of
setting it up but it seems to look okay as you can see at
Dummipedia.com<http://www.dummipedia.com>.
Let's see how it goes after I copy in the image folder and customized skin.
Am keeping my finger crossed. Was thinking of informing all of you after I
test it and make sure it really works.

GoDaddy has never been known for their technical support. What I am hoping
is to keep my hosting cost down. My previous webhost, Maiahost, really do
cost me a bomb. With only 2,550MB of traffic a month and starving for
visitors, they insist I must upgrade to VDS. And I thought I was just using
5% of my monthly bandwidth allocation. They told me they could sell that
amount to 20 people instead of my lousy $6.95 and threw me out, LOL. I asked
GoDaddy for advice as to which plan I should go for and they suggested their
Deluxe Plan which was exactly the same as the Maiahost plan, LOL. Same price
even. But I don't want any more hassle for at least another year or two, so
I opted for their Unlimited Shared Hosting Plan before I consider VDS.

Thank you to everyone for the trouble caused to all of you.

PM Poon