[Mediawiki-l] question about fresh installation

Tim Daschner timd at thedoleco.com
Mon Jul 20 00:29:26 UTC 2009

Hello folks,

I am installing mediawiki on a windows vista machine (don't ask why vista)
with apache, mod php and all the good stuff. I have a virtual host pointing
at a folder which contains the unzipped mediawiki folder. As per
instructions, I go to config/index.php, I see the big form to enter db
passwords, admin passwords etc. When I hit the install button, however, I
get a authentication dialog box asking for some user id and password for my
apache digest realm. Wheres that coming from? What should be the user id and
password here? I cannot go any further because, I basically don't know whats
the user id and password.

What did I miss? Thanks in advance!

Best,

Tim