[Mediawiki-l] 26 July Appalachian Trail Packet Event!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jul 18 02:50:19 UTC 2009

QST Mountain-toppers:

Next weekend will be the first annual 2000 mile APpalachian Trail Packet radio event where we will atttempt APRS text messaging along the trail from Georgia to Maine.

We have located 14 mountain tops that will make the RF link in 14 hops.  But guess what!  We dont have someone volunteered to be on Mt Katahdin in Maine to receive it!

Please see www.aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

Or moe specifically our needs at Katahdin:
www.aprs.org/hamtrails/katahdin.html

The event is officially only 4 hours long, but some of us will go up early and stay late.  We want to demo the long haul APRS text messaging capability.  And do this annualy so that packet radio gets some respect, instead of ignorance at Field Day...

Bob, WB4APR