[Mediawiki-l] Mailing List Integrated with MediaWiki

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:06:43 UTC 2009

Waseem Sayegh wrote:
> What is the best way to integrate a mailing list with MediaWiki? The aim
> here is to run a mailing list for a website running MediaWiki where the
> website subscribers can opt in and out either during registration or
> afterwards, or register with the mailing list without having an account on
> the site.
> Has anyone implemented this? Are there plugins that will help with this
> setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Waseem

I think you should set one of them as the "master" account. In your case
I'd make all users register on the wiki and add an extension for
handling the email. Although you could also make mediawiki accounts
based on the mailing list users with an AuthPlugin
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/AuthPlugin

If you want users to have either mailing list or mediawiki account, they
are independent. I don't see the integration in that case, so just run
both programs.