[Mediawiki-l] How to rollback to last good page damanged by vandalism

Mark Johnson crvmp3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:08:17 UTC 2009

Environment: MediaWiki 1.12.0, Linux  Redhat

My personal site got vandalized by hundreds of page changes.  I was going to
try to undo them by hand but I kept getting:

    "The edit could not be undone due to conflicting intermediate edits."

So I found information about doing automated "rollbacks"

here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Edit_-_Rollback

and here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Administrators#Rollback

But when I follow the process and pass "action=rollback" I get the following
error:
    unknown_action: Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'

It seems the only actions I have available to me are:

login, logout, query, expandtemplates, parse, opensearch, feedwatchlist,
help, paraminfo

Is it that my version of MW doesn't have the rollback feature? Do I need to
upgrade to the recent version and do you know if that will enable me to
rollback to my original page?

Thanks for your help!

Mark