[Mediawiki-l] External Authentication trouble

Jim jimnl69 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:32:33 UTC 2009

I'm trying to setup external authentication with MediaWiki.  I've gone over
http://wiki.case.edu/CaseWiki:External_Authentication time and time again
but it's not exactly clear. Do I need to do only pieces of it?  Everything?
I'm just not following.  SO, I'm hoping someone can spell it out for me.

Let's say I have a PHP script (lets call it ourmethod.php) that puts up a
web page and authenticates a user using our method.  Exactly how do I get
MediaWiki to display ourmethod.php for the login and what exactly do I need
to do to ourmethod.php to have it tell MediaWiki "this guys ok"?

Thanks!