[Mediawiki-l] Wikimedia hiring Linux system administrator

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 16 22:39:01 UTC 2009

So you want to run a top-10 web site? Now's your chance...

We're now hiring for a full-time system administrator to help monitor,
maintain, and document the 400+ Linux/Unix servers that operate
Wikipedia and its sister projects. This position will be based at our
San Francisco headquarters, but will work closely with our remote staff
and volunteers.

Currently, system administration tasks are spread over our other tech
staff and volunteers, who have to split their time with software
development, data center management, and network planning. A full-time
system administrator will let us be more responsive to site issues when
they happen, and more importantly be more proactive about planning for
and averting problems before they affect the folks back home.

We've got operating systems to upgrade, configurations to document,
software installations to automate, and a lot of service data that needs
to be monitored and digested... if you think you've got the chops for
it, send us your CV by the end of January!

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Job_openings/System_Administrator

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)
CTO, Wikimedia Foundation