[Mediawiki-l] A couple minor issues after upgrading to MW 1.13.3

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Fri Jan 16 15:32:14 UTC 2009

ccornell - OpenOffice.org skrev:
> [...]
>> Impressing MW site btw. You might want some of your expert users to be
>> able to switch to a RILPoint skin, no?
>> http://wiki.rilnet.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>> :)
>>

> Interesting skin... looks very WindowsXP-like though... like th file
> manager I think (not sure since I haven't used Windows in many years.

The RILPoint skin is mimicking the MS SharePoint skin.

> The MW skin we are using is a modification of the MonoBook skin - almost
> 100% CSS changes (ie it's still MonoBook underneath).

Everything visible in the RILPoint skin is new from scratch. There's
also a new rilpoint.php (because it's an essential part of the
integration with Drupal), where all the page layout stuff essentially is
a "merge" with/from Drupal's page layout. This was done in order to
integrate the two.

The skins are "physically" separate though.

At last the overall look and feel is intentionally mimicking the look
and feel of MS SharePoint (where the underlaying functionality on the
pages are intersecting). (some compare Drupal with SharePoint although
they're not fully comparable).

== Office feeling at work ==

The idea with this skin is to give more of an "in-house office" feeling
(as opposed to a being _lost_out_there-feeling) when such a feeling is
desired (mostly for such work which is traditionally done "in-house").

You get the idea. :-)

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa