[Mediawiki-l] nowiki tag not working for me

Dave Derry dave.derry at equifax.com
Fri Jan 16 15:04:48 UTC 2009

Jean-Marc van Leerdam <j.m.van.leerdam <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 2009/1/16 Dave Derry <dave.derry <at> equifax.com>
>
> > I'm writing a tutorial for our team. In it I reference example URLs, which,
> > since they are just examples, don't go anywhere. When I enter something
> > like
> > http://test.efx.com:8080/sample I get a link. What I want is just plain
> > text. I
> > found the nowiki tag, which seems to be what I need. However, when I enter
> > <nowiki>http://test.efx.com:8080/sample</nowiki>, what I get is a link
> > surrounded by nowiki tags. In other words, the tags are displayed rather
> > than
> > being interpreted.
> >
> > Is there some configuration setting that needs to be made? Or something
> > else
> > that I'm missing? Using the latest stable MediaWiki on Solaris 10, running
> > under
> > Resin 3.1.7a.
> >

> On default MW 1.13.3, using monobook skin, the <nowiki> solution should work
> just fine. Are you using some special skin and/or extensions that could
> interfere?

No I'm pretty much using the default setup. There are only a few changes that
have been made to LocalSettings.php. They are:

$wgLogo = "/mediawiki/GdsLogo.png";
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;
$wgWhitelistRead =  array ( "Main Page", "Special:Userlogin", "Wikipedia:Help");
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
$wgShowExceptionDetails = true;
$wgParserConf['preprocessorClass'] = 'Preprocessor_Hash';
$wgNamespacesWithSubpages[NS_MAIN] = false;
define("NS_NOTES", 100);
$wgExtraNamespaces[NS_NOTES] = "Notes";
$wgCapitalLinks = false;

Other than that, everything is as installed.

Thanks,
Dave