[Mediawiki-l] Extension: Save/Preview and rendering

Sigbert Klinke sigbert at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 16 13:31:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

my extension produces from program code between <sample>...</sample>
figures, tables and numerical results.  I'am using $wgParser->setHook(
'sample', 'efSampleRender' ); for rendering the <sample> tag. Now it
seems to me that whenver a page is viewed my function 'efSampleRender'
is called (maybe because I put $parser->disableCache() in
'efSampleRender' :).

But basically this is not the functionality I need. The program code
between <sample>...</sample> produces a HTML file. The content of the
HTML file is returned at the end of 'efSampleRender'. As long as the
program code between <sample>...</sample> is not changed I could
immediately return the content of the old HTML file rather then creating
the HTML file again. So, does the parser know if the rendering occurs
from a 'Save' or 'Show Preview' process (that is only time when the ...
code can be changed) or just someone tries to view the page? If not, is
there another way to achieve the functionality I want to have?

Thanks in advance

Sigbert