[Mediawiki-l] nowiki tag not working for me

Dave Derry dave.derry at equifax.com
Fri Jan 16 12:10:55 UTC 2009

I don't have much experience with MediaWiki, so this may be a dumb question, but

I'm writing a tutorial for our team. In it I reference example URLs, which,
since they are just examples, don't go anywhere. When I enter something like
http://test.efx.com:8080/sample I get a link. What I want is just plain text. I
found the nowiki tag, which seems to be what I need. However, when I enter
<nowiki>http://test.efx.com:8080/sample</nowiki>, what I get is a link
surrounded by nowiki tags. In other words, the tags are displayed rather than
being interpreted.

Is there some configuration setting that needs to be made? Or something else
that I'm missing? Using the latest stable MediaWiki on Solaris 10, running under
Resin 3.1.7a.

Thanks,
Dave
Equifax, LLC