[Mediawiki-l] How to change the title of the Main Page

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:23:19 UTC 2009

Hi Linda, here is the instruction from
Mediawiki<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ#How_do_I_change_which_page_is_the_main_page.3F>
:

What I do was to create another page with the title I want. Then follow the
following Mediawiki instructions:

By default, MediaWiki looks for a page with the title *Main Page* and serves
this as the default page. This can be changed by altering the contents of *
MediaWiki:Mainpage <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Mainpage>* to
point to a different title. If this does not change the 'Main Page' link
included on the sidebar at install time, edit
*MediaWiki:Sidebar<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar>
*.

Try it and see. It's very easy. If you have any problem, I can even do it
for you, LOL.

PM Poon