[Mediawiki-l] How to change the title of the Main Page

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Jan 14 21:10:54 UTC 2009

'free' 'online' 'encyclopedia' are some of the most generic, washed out
terms on the Internet. You should fire your SEO - you will be forced to
compete directly with Wikipedia.

At any rate, Linda, you can turn off the Main Page header by adding this to
MediaWiki:Common.css

/* don't display Main Page on the Main Page */
body.page-Main_Page h1.firstHeading { display:none; }

Then add = Whatever = at the top of the wikitext.

Cheers,