[Mediawiki-l] featured status

Alex mrzmanwiki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 22:56:31 UTC 2009

Farkas, Illes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're trying to find for each featured article the time when it
> acquired featured status.
>
> At 22:07 on 15 July 2008 GimmeBot modified the page "King Arthur" with
> the comment "GimmeBot adding FA star".
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=King_Arthur&diff=226083953&oldid=225893595
>
> Do you think a pattern match /addding\s+\S+\s+star/ (in the comments
> field) would be the most reliable/appropriate way of finding in the
> history dump file the time when each of the featured articles acquired
> this status?

This would only get the cases where it was added by the bot, the FA
system almost certainly predates it, and may even predate the star in
articles.

> Or do you happen to know of a special page listing this time for each
> featured article ?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

You'll want to use the subpages of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_article_candidates/Featured_log
though that doesn't include instances of articles being de-featured.

--
Alex (wikipedia:en:User:Mr.Z-man)