[Mediawiki-l] Problems with subdomain-based Wikis and Skins/Images

Marcus Stöhr dafish at soundtrack-board.de
Fri Jan 9 09:38:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've recently moved my wikis from shared hosting to an dedicated server.
All databases has been moved and are working.

I'm using the following setup:

One source-Directory for the source code: /var/www/DOMAIN.org/source/w/

I differentiate between wikis using the $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] variable
to point to the different databases.

My VHost configuration looks like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName	de.DOMAIN.org
	DocumentRoot 	/var/www/DOMAIN.org/source/w/

	Alias /wiki /var/www/DOMAIN.org/source/w/index.php
</VirtualHost>

For pretty URLs, I've setup the following in my LocalSettings.php:

# Short-URLs
$wgScriptPath = '/w';         # Path to the actual files. This should
already be there
$wgArticlePath = '/wiki/$1';  # Virtual path. This directory MUST be
different from the one used in $wgScriptPath
$wgUsePathInfo = true;

Everything works fine except the images and the skins. There aren't
going to be loaded.

Any advices how to make them work too?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Marcus Stöhr