[Mediawiki-l] Include Category?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Fri Jan 9 06:36:48 UTC 2009

I hope this isn't a FAQ -- I did take the time to search through the
last year's worth of email, and a quick search of MediaWiki.org didn't
return anything obvious that didn't require an extension.

Is there a way to include a listing of pages that are in a particular
Category?

[[:Category:Xxx]] produces a link to the page Category:Xxx (of course)

{{:Category:Xxx}} includes the text of the Category:Xxx page, but NOT
the listing of pages in category xxx.

If this can only be done with an extension -- there seem to be a few
-- care to make a recommendation? All I want is the page titles, one
per line.

:::: I'm working on a plan for spontaneity. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::