[Mediawiki-l] Getting Image Upload Working

Charlie Markwick charlie-markwick at southcot.com
Thu Jan 8 08:51:52 UTC 2009

When logged in as WikiSysop (the only user on the system so far) and I
try and upload an image in my Wiki (version 1.12.0) I get the following
message:-

"File uploads are disabled on Systems."

I have followed the instructions at:-

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuring_file_uploads

I have confirmed the following settings:-

file_uploads = On

Check Apache aliases - I have not been able to check, would this cause
the above message?

www.mydomain.com/wiki/images is set to 755

$wgEnableUploads = true;

As far as I can see there are no permissions set in LocalSettings.php in
fact no variables at all with the text "permissions" in them.

$wgFileExtensions =	array( 'png', 'gif', 'jpg', 'jpeg' );

upload_max_filesize is 8Mb

Can anyone help me sort this. Many Thanks

Charlie