[Mediawiki-l] ? which changes are listed in the dump file "pages-meta-history"

Farkas, Illes illes.farkas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 10:53:37 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I have the impression that I keep asking trivial questions ... sorry
... and please, let me know, if I should send them to a different
list.

Having looked at the dump file enwiki-pages-meta-history, I found that
it contains a total of five revisions for the enwiki page "American
Samoa", while in the online version at
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=American_Samoa&action=history&year=2003&month=-1
I can see for the year 2003 alone 9 (not minor) edits, plus a number
of minor edits.

I'm afraid I missed something trivial here. If this is the case, then
could you please let me know,
(1) where I was wrong
(2) what the total 5 edits for the page "American Samoa" mean in
pages-meta-history

Thanks a lot in advance!