[Mediawiki-l] autopopulate mediawiki

Christensen, Courtney ChristensenC at BATTELLE.ORG
Tue Feb 24 14:51:11 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----From: Henny Savenije
>I actually have a few already quite old homepages written in html.
>They are pretty big (follow the first few links below)
>
>Would it be possible to automatically import those in a wiki? The
>advantage would be that it's easier searchable and easier for me to maintain.
>
>Henny (Lee Hae Kang)

Hi Henny,

I don't see why not, but you would need to write something to search the folders those pages are in and parse the HTML to the desired wiki-text.  I'm sure you could find something that would walk through the html for you.  PHP's SimpleXML or DOM objects if nothing else.

-Courtney