[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki Apache Confusion

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 16:36:44 UTC 2009

To add to this:  http://10.9.10.212/wiki-it/index.php/Main_Page brings up the other application (/opt/rt3/share/html) and not the login page for my new Wiki.

Shannon

----- Original Message ----
From: Shannon Adams <shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com>
To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:27:37 AM
Subject: MediaWiki Apache Confusion

I am in the process of migrating my existing MediaWiki installation over to a new server running CentOS 5.2.  I have the following installed on the new server:

MediaWiki    1.13.4
PHP         5.1.6
MySQL    5.0.45

MediaWiki is installed under /var/www/html/intranet.  The full URL to the main page on the old site is http://intranet.company.com/wiki-it/index.php/Main_Page.  The new one should be same except for intranet2.company.com...

I am using another application on this server that uses apache.  When I browse to  http://intranet2.company.com/wiki-it/index.php/Main_Page, it brings up the other application.

I have the following in my /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf file:

<VirtualHost 10.9.10.212>
  ServerName rtnew.company.com
  ServerAdmin sadams at company.com

  DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html

  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

  <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Do I need to add to this file or create a new conf file under /etc/httpd/conf.d so that my new MediaWiki page comes up (http://intranet2.company.com/wiki-it/index.php/Main_Page)?  What needs to go in there?

Thanks for any help.
Shannon