[Mediawiki-l] Badly mangled pages

Boris Herbinière-Sève boris.seve at drillscan.com
Mon Feb 16 09:56:30 UTC 2009

Hello,

About half the pages of the mediawiki installation I manage (which have
been working flawlessly for 2 years) recently became mangled.

I suspect a parser problem, but I'm running out of troubleshooting ideas.

Here's what I've tried :
- Upgrading to latest version
- Disabling all extensions
- Directly checking the DB ; no data have been altered. If I try to
"Edit page" without viewing it first the syntax is correct
- Enabling PHP error displaying (no error whatsoever)

It seems an old bug involving Tidy on some page could produce such
results, but as far as I know Tidy isn't enabled.

Installation infos :
MediaWiki  	1.13.4
PHP 	5.2.0-8+etch13 (apache2handler)
MySQL 	5.0.32-Debian_7etch8-log

Example of mangled page :
http://www.drillscan.com/wiki_scrambled.gif

Any ideas as to what might cause this problem ?

--
Boris Herbinière-Sève