[Mediawiki-l] Re(2): mySQL issue?

Manfred Kooistra manfred.kooistra at gmx.de
Fri Feb 13 15:32:04 UTC 2009

Ha, yeah, sure, I was just giving the structure and did not want to
specify a time. You would of course need to replace this like you would
need to replace everything else (e.g. "username"). I just wanted to give
an idea for research, not a finished solution (which I cannot give, not
knowing the specifics). I would dump once every day, but on a site with
very little traffic once a week may be enough, while a site with very
heavy traffic or a large database might want to dump individual tables
separately (so as not to have huge dumps or exceed execution time limits) ...

I, personally, would have the cronjob call an .sh script that gives a
unique name based on the date to each dump and deletes old dumps after a
certain time (maybe 90 days).