[Mediawiki-l] error: page_props table doesn't exist after upgrade

Bill Egnatoff egnatoff at kingston.net
Wed Feb 11 16:07:46 UTC 2009

>Platonides wrote:
>
>Bill Egnatoff wrote:
> > After an upgrade (to 1.13.4), attempting to edit any page gives the
> > Database error
> >
> > A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug
> > in the software. The last attempted database query was:
> >      (SQL query hidden)
> > from within function "Article:getHiddenCategories". MySQL returned
> > error "1146: Table 'wiki_foci202.foci202page_props' doesn't exist
> (localhost)".
> >
> > Some pages will display, but attempting to display other pages gives
> > a similar error:
> >
> > A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug
> > in the software. The last attempted database query was:
> >      (SQL query hidden)
> > from within function "OutputPage::addCategoryLinks". MySQL returned
> > error "1146: Table 'wiki_foci202.foci202page_props' doesn't exist
> > (localhost)".
> >
> > Please suggest a reason and remedy.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Bill Egnatoff
>
>Did you run update.php ? Updating is a bit more than just overwriting
>the files.

I don't have full shell access so can't run the update script
directly. I used the alternative procedure of re-running the
installer. I have done this successfully on several upgrades with
several wikis. I don't know what I did differently in the case in
question. The display after running the installer indicated that the
installation was successful. The wiki is small (a couple dozen
pages), so if, alternatively, I could recover the content of the
pages, I could rebuild the wiki from scratch, but I'd like to know
what went wrong. I do have access to the database PHPMyAdmin.