[Mediawiki-l] Pre-like tag, with wrapping?

Trevor Parscal tparscal at wikimedia.org
Mon Feb 9 09:22:43 UTC 2009

I'm sure there's a template that you could use (on wikipedia) or make
( on your own private wiki) which wraps your text in a div with some
special CSS.

The pre tag means preformatted, which is why unlike other HTML tags it
pays attention to whitespace like tabs new lines and more than one
consecutive space. Using a div with a background color, border and
padding would provide the wrapping you want plus any style you are
after.

To integrate the HTML code into an article or template you will need
to use the <nowiki> tags around the  HTML tags.

- Trevor

Sent from my iPod