[Mediawiki-l] Maintenance scripts / No shell access

Onur Safak wikimedialist.007 at onursafak.com
Sat Feb 7 14:56:53 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

How can we run maintenance scripts with no shell access? I heard there were
some scripts to emulate shell access through the web, and some were not
working for wikimedia maintenance scripts.

Is there a package you know converted to work from the web side? Which is in
my opinion a bigger requirement than any extension, to make mediawiki
completely functional on web-only hosting accounts. Or any good resource
explaining how to convert?

Thanks,
Onur