[Mediawiki-l] modifying header area / javascript question

Chris Africa cafrica at umich.edu
Thu Feb 5 21:43:55 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone. I'm new to mediawiki, and I'm not the site administrator,
so I'm still feeling around for what I can do.

Today, I learned how to modify MediaWiki:Sidebar, MediaWiki:Common.css
and MediaWiki:Common.js.

What I can't figure out how to do, after reading tons of
documentation...
	1.	Utilize my javascript within my document. My <script> tag shows up
as text in the body of the document, instead of executing the script.
	2.	Modify the top of the page to add additional common navigation,
the way that I did with the Sidebar.

Maybe I just don't know what to search for, or what part of the
documentation to look at. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--
Chris Africa
Web Project Manager