[Mediawiki-l] Custom special page crash when not logged in

Rich Evans revansx at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 19:57:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a V1.11.0 medaiwiki running on my local intranet and I force user's to be "approved" in in order to see any content by adding the following lines to my localsettings.php file:

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read']                 = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['approved']['read']  = false;

If a user externally  links to an article in my wiki they are kindly informed that they must log in first.
After they log in, they are invited to continue-on to the article they originally requested.
For all articles and standard special pages, this works very nicely....

But this is not the case for my custom special pages :-(

If a user externally links to a "Special Page" in my wiki that I have made they get an error as follows:

Invalid special page name ""
Backtrace:
#0 C:\www\webroot\b2wiki\includes\Title.php(1305): SpecialPage::getTitleFor(false)
#1 C:\www\webroot\b2wiki\includes\Wiki.php(133): Title->userCanRead()
#2 C:\www\webroot\b2wiki\includes\Wiki.php(43):
MediaWiki->preliminaryChecks(Object(Title), Object(StubObject),
Object(WebRequest))
#3 C:\www\webroot\b2wiki\index.php(89):
MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), Object(StubObject),
Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#4 {main}
The special pages work fine for user's that are logged in.

I'm wondering if the symptoms alone here are enough to get a diagnosis from one of the many experts online here.

Truest thanks in advance,
- Rich (revansx)