[Mediawiki-l] Redirection to subdomain within MW

Juan de Vojníkov juandevojnikov at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 10:16:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have red some manuals and FAQs, but I haven't figured out, how to redirect
my mw installation to a subdomain. Can you explain it to me? Let me give an
example:

I have set a subdomain:* tech.foo.com* with directory */public_html/tech*.
My provider say: "tech.foo.com is equal to foo.com/tech, so you must
redirect it via mw". But I dont know how. As I would like to set  up wiki
family, I prefer to redirect it to the subdomain, that the URLs look like
tech.foo.com/index.php/~ or tech.foo.com/w/~

Thanks for help,
Juan de Vojníkov