[Mediawiki-l] Code contributions in open and closed source software projects

Dirk Riehle dirk at riehle.org
Thu Dec 17 10:09:34 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

we are undertaking a study on how developers contribute to both open and
closed source software projects. Please help this research by taking this
short 10 (+3) question survey!

http://osr.cs.fau.de/surveys/index.php?sid=16947&lang=en

We will of course publish the results of this study and if you leave your
email address, you can get the results early.

A bit more information for those interested: We are trying to assess the code
contribution distribution, that is, how much code and how frequently people
check-in. More importantly, what they think how they contribute. The answers
are expected to vary, hence the notion of “distribution”. Better understanding
code contribution behavior will help us build better software development tools.

Thanks a lot!

Dirk Riehle

--
Website: http://dirkriehle.com - Twitter: @dirkriehle
Ph (DE): +49-157-8153-4150 - Ph (US): +1-650-450-8550