[Mediawiki-l] dumpBackup.php with postgres DB

Mike mikelisanke at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 05:37:59 UTC 2009

I'm new to MediaWiki and tried the dumpBackup.php on a WAPP stack
install. I've set AdminSettings.php user and password to match those
in LocalSettings.php as described in the manual. I receive the
following error when executing the script:

DB connection error: Postgres functions missing, have you compiled PHP
with the --with-pgsql option?

MediaWiki was installed with compiling and source; strictly dropping
its source php and running the install scripts from html.

Is this a well-known installation error? The MediaWiki is operating as
expected from the html server.

Thanks for any pointers.