[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki-l Digest, Vol 75, Issue 22

Ron Laufer gonzoron at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 12 13:23:53 UTC 2009

> > 2) Is it possible to use SSI in MW without it being stripped out? I've tried commenting out the "removeHTMLcomments" function in Sanitizer.php, but the HTML comment with the SSI in it still doesn't show up when I view source on the wiki display page in my browser. Even if it did, since the page doesn't have an shtml extension, I'm fairly sure it won't work.> > Has anyone done this and can you talk a n00b through it?> > No.> Implement whatever you want to get with a Server Side Include directly> in php, or via an extension.
OK, then do you have a suggestion of how I can do the following in php or in an extension?
I have a dbman database, it's written in perl and accessible via CGI.   I would like to have each wiki page display the info on the associated record in the database (if it exists) at the top of the page, above the user generated content.
I wrote a script that combs the xml dump of the wiki and the dbman database and matches up wiki pages to database records, inserts an SSI link to the database for pages that match up, and creates wiki pages for database records that don't have them.  It's output is an xml that I was successfully able to import into MW, except that all the SSI got stripped out.  (In fact, all comments got stripped out.  I'd like to be able to keep them to note when the last import is and tell users not to edit the database link)
I was able to add comments manually via the wiki, but as mentioned, they don't show up when I view source on the final product, only when I edit the page via MW.
I'm new to MW and php, but a fairly competent hacker in general.  Any help that at least points me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Ron

--

Ron Laufer