[Mediawiki-l] Two instances on the same host

Łukasz Garczewski tor at wikia-inc.com
Sat Dec 12 11:51:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Florent Georges <lists at fgeorges.org> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I did not find any info relative to this topic in the doc.  I have two virtual hosts on a server, accessed by two different domain names.  From the outside they look exactly as two different servers.  From the inside, they have two different web homes, two different SVN home of repositories, etc.
>
>  For MediaWiki, I wonder whether it is possible to use the same principle: to have the software installed only once, and use it from two different virtual hosts (by configuring two different databases, two different directories for extensions, etc.)

Sure.

What you'll need is two separate docroots with separate index.php and
LocalSettings.php files (where you define the databases as needed).
The rest can be symlinks to files in one directory.

I might have left something out, but I hope the above will at least
give you a place to start.

Good luck!

--
Lucas 'TOR' Garczewski